From July 2018 onward all residents of the UAE are eligible for visa upon arrival in Azerbaijan with the following conditions;
- All UAE residents will get the 30 days of tourist visa on arrival
- The passport and UAE residence visa must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of entry to Azerbaijan.
- Any person that visited the territories of Azerbaijan occupied by Armenia, will be refused in getting visa to Azerbaijan. Occupied territories are around the Nagorno-Karabakh region of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- If you wish to stay in Azerbaijan for more than 15 days, you will be required to make a registration at the State Migration Service of Azerbaijan. Please ask your hotel to assist you or you can apply through official website at www.migration.gov.az.
The whole procedure for getting visa on arrival at Baku airport is, you have to visit a counter for VOA just before the passport control. You have to go there and give your passport to the officer there so that he can verify your eligibility for Visa on arrival. Once he is satisfied with your travel document, he will authorize your document for Visa on arrival in the system.
Once authorized your travel document, in the same lobby there are four Visa on arrival kiosks from where you have to apply for visa and make the payment. Put your passport front page in the kiosk’s scanner, it will scan your passport and populate the first page detail like name, date of birth etc. If passport details are ok click next. On this page all the options are mostly drop down, select the relevant option like purpose of visit, citizenship etc. One of the options on this page is the place of stay, your hotel or your apartment address. Type the address where you are staying. If you are applying for multiple people or family, copy this address so that next time you can paste it directly. The next page is for payment, insert your credit card and make the payment. Currently Visa on arrival charges is USD 26 per person. Once the visa fee is authorized by the credit card a payment slip is generated. Now go to the passport control and give your passport along with this payment slip for entry stamp. They may demand few other documents like hotel/flight booking, keep them handy. Enjoy your stay in Ajerbaijan.
Visa on arrival facility is available only at Baku international airport. If you are planning to enter from Rail or road route, apply for an e-visa.
If Azerbaijan is not your first destination from UAE, better apply for an e-visa. With VOA you are at the mercy of airport check in counter staff at some other country and if they don’t have clear idea they can deny you boarding.
e-visa for Azerbaijan can be applied through;
The website only gives you single-entry Azerbaijan e-visas, which become used and invalid after you leave the country. If you plan to leave Azerbaijan to visit nearby countries and want to return, you have to apply and pay for another e-visa after leaving Azerbaijan. For applying an e-visa you need to scan the following documents and attach with your application;
- Passport copy
- 1 passport size photo
- Hotel reservation/confirmation letter
- Return ticket to Azerbaijan
Please note that:
- E-visa is for tourism purpose only
- Visa is for a single entry and valid only for a term of a hotel booking.
- Visa cannot be extended; entry and departure dates cannot be updated once visa is issued.
- Your e-Visa will be valid for 90 days and maximum term permitted to stay in the country is 30 days.
- All documents must be scanned and uploaded in JPEG format (size not more than 1 MB).
- Validity period of the passport or other travel document should be at least 3 months more than the validity period of the electronic visa planned to be issued.
- Standard visa fee is USD 23 and it will take 3 working days for processing the visa while urgent visa will be processed in 3 hours and urgent visa fee is USD 50.
- E-visa application should be submitted at least 3 working days before planned travel date to the Republic of Azerbaijan.
For standard e-visa start date and end date is already populated when you start applying the visa based on working days from your application.
If you wish to stay in Azerbaijan for more than 15 days, you will be required to make a registration at the State Migration Service of Azerbaijan. Please ask your hotel to assist you or you can apply through official website www.migration.gov.az
Azerbaijan visa for Indians
If your friends or family members from India want to join you, the easiest way to get tourist visa is to apply for an e-visa online
e-visa can be applied through www.evisa.gov.az.
The procedure and requirements for applying e-visa is same as stated above. E-visa will be delivered through email.
If someone is interested in getting a sticker visa, he or she has to apply only through the Embassy of Azerbaijan in New Delhi. The Embassy has no authorized office or agency outside its Chancery. All applications are to be submitted to the Embassy. Address: 41, Paschimi Marg, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi – 110057. The important things you should consider before applying this type of visa is;
- The applicant should apply in person.
- There is no collection center and no courier accepted.
- Visa process takes from 5 to 15 working days.
- No urgent visa is issued by the Embassy.